As part of the statutory requirement of the Executive Committee specifically (Section 21(c) of the Local Governance Act 2016 (Act 936), The Ketu South Municipal Executive Committee met on Thursday, 23rd March, 2023 and discussed issues from the various sub-committees out of which the following recommendations are therefore tabled for consideration by this honourable house.
AGRIC, MINING AND ENVIRONMENT.
- That the Assembly should liaise with Water Research Institute and other relevant bodies to find solution to high salinity and iron deposit in irrigation tube wells affecting farmers in some parts of the municipality
- A ban should be placed on cattle grazing on farmlands by the Fulani Herdsmen in the Municipality.
- A committee to be formed to spearhead the development of burial grounds in the various communities of the municipality.
- Management to organize a sensitization programme for landowners on the need for preparation of local plans and allocation of public lands for future development.
- Management to expedite action on extending electricity to areas without electricity based on the data collated by honourable members.
- In the short to medium term, a collaborative effort by management with the chiefs to acquire land and build a sport center in the Municipality, where the youth can be trained in the various sports activities to enable them develop their sports talent.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION.
- An amount of Five Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH₵ 5,000) per head to be paid as EX-GRATIA to Hon. Assembly Members at the end of their term of office.
JUSTICE AND SECURITY.
- Replacement of non-functional streetlights at the Beats and Pillars of the Ghana Togo border.
- Even though the Landing Beach Committee is supporting the rehabilitation of Blekusu CHPS Compound, Management should also support the rehabilitation exercise.